Progress in computer science...


Now that my academic life at the university started taking shape, I could devote more time to individual tasks and actually practice skills in taught in the computer science class. It was as though time just flew past and I found myself doing my first midterm in the subject. At first, I was nervous, it was the general student freight of not performing well enough. But, when I first sat down to revise the notes I made in class, I could recall what was taught and apply the same to my practice sessions. I then utilised the resources available on the course website like the files uploaded after lectures, which I read through and performed operations like those demonstrated in class during the lecture. There were several instances when I would make mistakes and receive errors from Dr racket, but this was part of the learning. This process got even more interesting when I was able to manipulate images, strings ,Booleans ,Cond statements etc to produce other elements.

To overcome these hurdles, I decided to use the resources available and hence receive answers to all the questions I asked. This was when I started talking to TAs about the problems I faced and receive feedback on the work I did. I also approached my professor who helped me get a deeper understanding of the content taught. Honestly, doing so really helped me getting a better command of the course content. We were learning different aspects every lecture and these were consistently tested in quizzes each week.Initially i  felt a bit overwhelmed but i eventually figured things out.In the end it all paid off and I was quiet happy with my performance on the first midterm. Hopefully, I can continue to use the same techniques and maintain the grades! For now, its all going fairly well…but a lot more is to come.


Comments

  1. Good content, but don't forget to post about your other experiences in the class as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog